Welcome to our Beginner’s Guide section where we hope to share plenty of practical advice and how-to guides.
We’ll be adding to the guide as we go and recommend you subscribe to the site to get updated whenever we add a new post.
Tools We Use
Building a website
- WordPress.com - Get a free address at “yourbandname.wordpress.com”. It’s not the most professional, but it’s free!
- WordPress.org – Download the free “self hosted” version of WordPress
- Bluehost.com – buy cheap hosting (there are others out there, but we use bluehost)
- Themeforest.net or WordPress.org for some themes to sexy up your site.
- Page.ly provide a hosted WordPress service – similar to all of the DIY but they make it super easy for under $20/mo
There are other paid options out there, but we build all of our artist’s websites with WordPress.
Selling Your Music
- Tunecore – Submit your music to iTunes, Spotify and dozens more and keep 100% of the royalties
- CDBaby – Ditto!
We mostly use tunecore, but CD baby is cool too.
Help, Guides & Tips
- How to Create a Facebook Fan Page for your Band
- How to Change your Facebook URL
- How to Embed your YouTube channel into Facebook
- 5 Free Tools to Make a Facebook Landing Page
- Facebook Ads for Musicians
- Setting up automatic alerts for your Facebook Fan Page